We are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join a fast-growing, dynamic accountancy firm in South Liverpool.
The role would suit a fully (or very nearly) qualified AAT accountant who now wants to study ACCA, or a part-qualified ACCA accountant.
You will be supporting our team in providing accounts, tax and business advice to owner-managed businesses in Liverpool and across the UK.
You will share our ethos in providing excellent client service and offering forward-thinking advice so that our clients appreciate the value we provide is far more than a standard accountant offers.
- Supporting the team on all day-to-day tasks for our clients
- Preparation of financial deliverables for clients. These include Limited Company, Partnership and Sole Trader Financial Accounts, Management Accounts, Budgets & Cashflows, VAT Returns, Corporation Tax and Self-Assessment Tax Returns
- Communicating with clients and providing excellent customer care in dealing with all clients
- Communicating with HMRC, Companies House and other relevant bodies in relation to client queries and issues
- Experience of working in an accountancy practice with SME clients for at least 2 years
- Approachable and likeable – your colleagues and clients never have a bad word to say about you
- Excellent time-management skills and attention to detail
- A “can do” attitude and desire to provide an excellent service to our clients
- A willingness to learn new skills and apply them
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Knowledge of Xero, Quickbooks, TaxCalc and Brightpay – training will be provided as required if you have used other packages
- Experience of running payrolls
Hours of work: 37.5 Hours per week
Salary Range: £16,000 to £21,000 depending on experience
Other benefits: Perkbox rewards scheme, Free parking
Funded ACCA course and exams
About Jon Davies Accountants Ltd
Jon Davies Accountants (JDA) is a dynamic and fast-growing accountancy practice based in modern offices in South Liverpool. JDA has an experienced, close-knit team of client managers who offer a fresh approach. We are honest and responsive, giving clients professional and proactive advice which is straightforward and transparent.
JDA focuses on building long-term relationships with its clients to help understand their business. By working alongside our clients, JDA can add value by also giving expert advice to help plan strategies for future growth.
JDA is a successful, modern and forward-looking company which fully embraces new cloud-based technologies to help simplify the accounting process. These tools are easily accessible to clients, keeping them fully informed with an accurate and up to date record of their financial circumstances.