We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join a fast-growing, dynamic accountancy firm in South Liverpool.
You will work alongside one of our experienced Client Managers in servicing a diverse portfolio of clients. You will take responsibility for the delivery of all accountancy services, including delegation and management of the tasks required.
You will join a close-knit team of 10 people, and you will have opportunities to progress within the firm as we continue to grow.
You will share our ethos in providing excellent client service and offering forward-thinking advice so that our clients appreciate the value we provide is far more than a standard accountant offers.
- Supporting an experienced Client Manager in servicing a portfolio of clients. This involves taking responsibility and control of client outputs and requirements, including delegation of work and supervision of junior team members
- Communicating with clients on day-to-day issues and providing excellent customer care in dealing with all clients
- Preparation of financial deliverables for the Client Manager. These include Limited Company, Partnership and Sole Trader Financial Accounts, Management Accounts, Budgets & Cashflows, VAT Returns, Corporation Tax and Self-Assessment Tax Returns
- Communicating with HMRC, Companies House and other relevant bodies in relation to client queries and issues
- Experience of working in an accountancy practice with SME clients
- Relevant professional qualifications (eg ACCA/ACA/CIMA) or experience equivalent to these qualifications.
- Approachable and likeable – your colleagues and clients never have a bad word to say about you
- Able to communicate with gravitas and in a consultative manner with clients and the JDA team
- Excellent time-management skills and attention to detail
- A “can do” attitude and desire to provide an excellent service to our clients
- A willingness to learn new skills and apply them
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Knowledge of Xero and TaxCalc accounting packages – training will be provided as required
- Experience of running payrolls
Hours of work: 37.5 Hours per week plus overtime as required
Office-based, with the opportunity to work remotely 2 days per week
Salary Range: £35,000 to £40,000 depending on experience
Other benefits: Perkbox rewards scheme, Free parking
About Jon Davies Accountants Limited
Jon Davies Accountants (JDA) is a dynamic and fast-growing accountancy practice based in modern offices in South Liverpool. JDA has an experienced, close-knit team of client managers who offer a fresh approach. We are honest and responsive, giving clients professional and proactive advice which is straightforward and transparent.
JDA focuses on building long-term relationships with its clients to help understand their business. By working alongside our clients, JDA can add value by also giving expert advice to help plan strategies for future growth.
JDA is a successful, modern and forward-looking company which fully embraces new cloud-based technologies to help simplify the accounting process. These tools are easily accessible to clients, keeping them fully informed with an accurate and up to date record of their financial circumstances.