We are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join a fast-growing, dynamic accountancy firm in South Liverpool.
The role would suit a fully (or very nearly) qualified AAT accountant who now wants to study ACCA, or a part-qualified ACCA accountant. Alternatively, this could be an ideal role for a new graduate with a relevant degree.
You will be supporting our team in providing accounts, tax and business advice to owner-managed businesses in Liverpool and across the UK.
You will share our ethos in providing excellent client service and offering forward-thinking advice so that our clients appreciate the value we provide is far more than a standard accountant offers.
- Supporting the team on all day-to-day tasks for our clients
- Preparation of financial deliverables for clients. These include Limited Company, Partnership and Sole Trader Financial Accounts, Management Accounts, Budgets & Cashflows, VAT Returns, Corporation Tax and Self-Assessment Tax Returns
- Communicating with clients and providing excellent customer care in dealing with all clients
- Communicating with HMRC, Companies House and other relevant bodies in relation to client queries and issues
- Experience of working in an accountancy practice with SME clients for at least 1 year or a relevant Accountancy degree
- Approachable and likeable – your colleagues and clients never have a bad word to say about you
- Excellent time-management skills and attention to detail
- A “can do” attitude and desire to provide an excellent service to our clients
- A willingness to learn new skills and apply them
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Knowledge of Xero, Quickbooks, TaxCalc and Brightpay – training will be provided as required if you have used other packages
- Experience of running payrolls
Hours of work: 37.5 Hours per week
Salary Range: £18,000 to £22,000 depending on experience
Other benefits: Perkbox rewards scheme, Free parking, Funded ACCA course and exams
Application deadline: 23/08/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Our external Health & Safety Advisor has undertaken a COVID-19 Risk Assessment and we have implemented all recommendations. A copy of our policy is available on request.