It’s only 24 sleeps until Christmas so, to avoid any sleepless nights, here’s our handy summary of the deadlines for accounts and tax. You need all your cash to spend on presents, so don’t waste any on fines.
The important dates in December 2017 are:
- 1 December – Corporation Tax payment deadline for companies with accounting year ended 28 February 2017. (Only applicable for companies with profits of £1.5m or less. Companies with profits > £1.5m pay by instalments.
- 8 December – last day to send a letter to Father Christmas via Royal Mail – see http://www.royalmail.com/letters-to-santa
- 7 December – VAT return and payment deadline for October VAT returns.
- 19 December – Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) monthly return deadline for period to 5 December
- 19 December – PAYE/NIC cheque payments deadline for month to 5 December
- 21 December – last day to post 1st class mail before Christmas
- 22 December – PAYE/NIC electronic payments deadline for month to 5 December
- 25 December – Christmas!
- 31 December – Company accounts filing deadline for private companies with a year ended 31 March 2017 and for public companies with a year ended 30 June 2017
- 31 December – Corporation Tax Return (Form CT600) filing deadline for period ended 31 December 2016
- 31 December – and…..relax!!!!
If you’d like a meeting or a Skype call to discuss this, please get in touch with your favourite Liverpool accountant
- You can ring us on 0151 380 8080
- You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org