What details do I need to include on a Sales Invoice? Find out now by watching our latest video or read about it below.
You must clearly display the word ‘invoice’ on the document.
You must include:
• a unique identification number
• your company name, address and contact information
• the company name and address of the customer you’re invoicing
• a clear description of what you’re charging for
• the date the goods or service were provided (supply date)
• the date of the invoice
• the amount(s) being charged
• VAT amount if applicable
• the total amount owed
Sole trader invoices
If you’re a sole trader, the invoice must also include:
• your name and any business name being used
• an address where any legal documents can be delivered to you if you are using a business name
Limited company invoices
If your company is a limited company, you must include the full company name as it appears on the certificate of incorporation.
If you decide to put names of your directors on your invoices, you must include the names of all directors.
You must use VAT invoices if you and your customer are VAT registered.
The extra information needed is:
• Price per item excluding VAT
• Quantity of each item
• Total amount excluding VAT
• Total amount of VAT
• Total amount including VAT
If you need any help, just get in touch and we will do everything we can to help.